A Birthday Cake for my Baby Alya. I really do enjoy our time making it in the kitchen with all my 3 girls. Well can’t deny the mess in the kitchen But it’s worth it. I’m sure many of you would like to have the recipe too. Well, no worries – I’m willing to share it with all my readers and hope you too can make a lovely cake .
Red Velvet Cake Recipe
1 stick butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 ounces red food coloring
2 Tablespoons cocoa (Well I used Van Houten Cocoa powder But any brands would do..)
1 cup buttermilk **
2 1/4 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
** (Tips to share : for those who couldn’t find buttermilk , you may make one yourself with 500g Fresh Milk and 2-3 tbspn of lemon, let it settle for 5 minutes and you’ll get ur thicken buttermilk…REMARKS : only use the 1 cup of buttermilk for this recipe ).
3 Tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup butter
However : You can also use CheeseCream as frosting. In my case.. WE LOVES cheese cream frosting on Red Velvet. It taste GREAT !
Red Velvet Cake Directions:
1. In a larger mixer bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In another bowl, mix red food coloring and cocoa until cocoa is completely dissolved. Add to the creamed mixture.
4. Mixing on low speed, add buttermilk and flour alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Mix well but do not over-beat to ensure a light fluffy cake.
5. Add vanilla flavoring, mix well.
6. Blend the baking soda into the batter.
7. Transfer into two floured and greased 9 inch round cake pans.
8. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes. Cool.
1. Blend into a small saucepan the 3 tablespoons of flour and the cup of milk. Add the milk to the flour slowly, avoiding lumps.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture resembles glue.
3. Cool completely.
4. Cream together sugar, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
5. Add to cooked mixture. Beat, high speed, until very fluffy. Frost cooled cake.